Day Six--The Music Man
Rats! I was wrong, again! I thought we were going to paint books on the shelves today...we did not. It was just Ken and me again today, and we did more prep work. We did a 'wash' on the shelves that is intended to bring out the fronts of the shelves. While I finished with that, Ken built two more flats--the ones to hold the windows. As I was storing the shelf flats, I noticed two that had not been 'munged' on the back. This is a step Ken doesn't want to skip because the mung acts as a fire retardant and these flats will 'fly'--meaning they will hang from cables in the ceiling and be lowered when needed. While up in the ceiling, they will be stored near hot lights; hence the concern. So I got to do that little chore, followed with applying mung to the window flats as well. Ken had to leave at about this point, leaving me behind to paint the shelves brown--the first step in making them look like fine wooden shelves. While I was painting, Marge came in to say'hi.' I haven't seen her since the last show we did together in February, so it was really good to see her. We chatted a bit, but we both had other places to be so will see each other later at the rehearsal. I want to see what the play is like.
Why do I get the sinking feeling that all the 'creative' painting is going to be done while I am unavailable to work?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home