
Becca made it down the aisle, even though her dad told her she could turn back at any time. She has that special 'bride glow' and I think she does wonders for that dress, too!
Sister Mary Caitlin (center) waiting outside the church after the ceremony with brother Paul (left), grandfather Bob Edgar (behind Mary) and cousin Lynn (right). 
The Happy Couple
The fancy transport to the reception--this 1950 vehicle was completely refurbished by Travis' stepfather. (the sun was very bright that day, hence the squints)
Saying goodbye outside the church--from left to right -- my cousin's husband Chris, me, my nephew Bob, my sister-in-law Lisa's shirt (her head is hidden behind my mother's) my mother, and my brother Rob congratulating the Bride. 
Dancing with her Dad to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland. (link goes to lyrics) Yes, her mother cried. But just a little. 
T.J. dancing -- yes, you read that right, T.J. got in on the Electric Slide! Actually, he danced several times and impressed us all with his ability to have fun and his signature pose!
Wasn't the cake lovely? Those are words written in icing all around it--words like happiness, romance, love, hope, joy, cherish, memories, friendship and like that. 
Some of my highlights:
- Tearing up when Becca and Travis danced their first dance--specifically, when Travis held his family and cried with emotion.
- Watching Becca dance with her Dad, both of them smiling and happy.
- Travis getting emotional again as he danced with his mother to Jimmy Dean's "I Owe You." (Link goes to lyrics)
- Travis' mom getting emotional when the words said "Ma, You listening?"
- The end of the song when Jimmy Dean says "I know she'd forgive the debt for one kiss and four little words..."Ma, I love You" and Travis kissed his Mom and told her he loves her. So touching. I cried. I think most people in the room did.
- Tom taking my hand and kissing it or just gently squeezing several times during the most romantic portions of the day.
- Watching T.J. dance.
- Watching T.J. dance with Jodi.
- Watching Jenny dance with Jay.
- Dancing with Tom.
- Spending time with family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home