Thursday, July 02, 2009

Feeding the hungry....

The week following Father's Day, Tom and I enjoyed the blooming of our day lilies outside our Family Room window. Silly things waited until after the large family party at our house to bloom, but we still enjoyed them....

Then on the Sunday a week later, when driving home from church I noticed every single bud on the lilies around the mailbox was gone. Just missing. This made me look at the flowers in the back of the house as we drove in. And this is what I saw:

From about twenty stems of flowers and buds, only one stem still had buds on top and there were no flowers at all! Below is a close up.

Obviously our local deer herd has been dining on my garden. Silly deer. Luckily I like them...but I like flowers, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home