Visiting Granddoggers
We have Lucy and Lola visiting for a little while. I went to pick them up near the airport. Both dogs seemed to be happy to see me. Lucy rode in the back, and Lola up front. This was so I could keep an eye on her. Good idea! As soon as we started driving, Lucy sat down quietly and Lola started chewing. First on my gloves. I took them away before they were damaged and gave her a Sprite bottle chew on. She seemed perfectly happy. Then I noticed a big wet spot on the seat...seems Lola chewed in just the right way to unscrew the cap and the Sprite was leaking. I took the bottle and tightened the cap. Lola started chewing on ANYthing else--my coast sleeve, the contraption the holds the GPS to the windshield, the gearshift, the seat belt buckle, me. At one point, she decided she liked the taste of me and worked her way licking up my neck to my face until I pushed her back to her seat...I finally reached down and pulled one of her toys from the box on the floor. She seemed happy with that and eventually laid down quietly. All this time, Lucy was being a sweet, well-behaved dog in the back seat.
Once we got to the house, both dogs went in and out with me while I unloaded all their gear from the car. At one point, they went the wrong way up the driveway, which scared me a little because Lola is still a pup and might not come when called. She did come, though. Both dogs did. They ran around the back yard a bit, then joined me when I went back into the house. Inside, Lucy wanted peace and quiet and Lola wanted to play. Eventually, Lucy slid herself up onto the sofa (I did know what she was doing, but I am a very soft touch) next to me. She chose the side where there was very little room. She squeezed in between me and the arm of the sofa and rested her head on my shoulder. Lola continued to try to play, nipping at Lucy's collar or paws. Eventually, Lucy's head slipped down so it was resting on my laptop keyboard. Then Lola climbed up onto the other side, laid down and started chewing on the edge of the laptop--she is a puppy, after all. So now, both dogs are resting quietly, and I am loathe to disturb them. 'Friends' is on, so I am happy. Eventually, I will have to go make dinner....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home