Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 2015

Busy. Busy. Busy.

I finally got myself together and found us a rental house for vacation this year.  We are going to Lake Gaston, NC.  Both kids and their kids are coming -- except Zach, who will be very busy himself this summer.  I believe he will be at camp until we get back.  We have invited Tom's mother to join us, too.

In preparation for our vacation, I have pulled a couple of extra shifts at Luna's House -- where I volunteer with rescue dogs.  I will miss a shift while I am away, so I hope to make up for it by covering an open shift or two.

We learned on Father's Day that T.J. has PCS (Permanent Change of Station) orders for Malmstrom AFB, Montana.  He has asked for some help preparing his house for sale, so we will be doing that this weekend.  Jodi even said we could bring Lola -- so I think she really wants some help!  I also relish the opportunity to see the boys.  I am going to miss them while they are adventuring in Montana.

Tom's Mom has kindly included me in her theatre subscription at Cockpit in Court again this summer. We saw "The Wedding Singer, the Musical" and it was great.  Jen filled in for sister-in-law Linda, who couldn't make it.  Jen seemed to enjoy the show, too.  We also saw "Don't Drink the Water" with Renee filling in for Linda, who still couldn't make it.  I hope she can be there for this Friday's "Thoroughly Modern Millie."

Jen's High School Reunion was this past weekend.  We got to have Ryan, Lily, and Bella for the weekend while Jen and Jay traveled to Hampton Roads.  I felt a little sorry for Jay, and gave him extra 'husband points' for being willing to go along with Jen even though he wouldn't know anyone there.  Turns out they both had a great time!  Jen was specifically meeting two friends and Jay got along famously with their spouses -- so much so that the guys did a few things on their own, leaving the girls to enjoy each other's company!  We enjoyed having our grandchildren, too.  We went bowling, played a couple of rounds of Harry Potter Clue, played a card game called 'Rats,' and just enjoyed each other's company.

There is more going on, but I need to get to bed.

I think I want to try to keep a few memories here -- I have enjoyed going back and reading some past posts -- like the one from May 24, 2011...it's a good one!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home