Leaves of three...yank 'em out by the roots so they don't cause an allergic reaction in your husband! ***updated***
Over the years, Tom has done so much work where poison ivy is present that his tolerance is much reduced. Last year when we moved to South Carolina, he had such a horrible case of poison ivy that his arms were weeping and eventually SWELLED. That's when he finally went to the doctor for some intervention. Last time we visited our daughter, he pushed our grandson through the forsythia bushes in his Cozy Coupe...and got poison ivy on his arm. No one else who was there got it, but he had a pretty nasty rash on the inside of his elbow. Earlier this week, he had PT with the rest of the squadron. They went running in a new area to them, on a track near the base chapel. When he came home, he was concerned that he had been bug-bitten -- but the bites were long and looked yellowish...and now it looks more like a poison ivy breakout than bug bites. His increased sensitivity means that I don't want him exposed if at all possible. THAT means that I will be dressing in long sleeves and slacks and wearing gloves while I pull the plants that are gowing into our yard from the neighbor's. We can actually see the vines growing up their tree from our living room window -- and they are squeezing through the fence to our side. I have my work cut out for me. Wish me luck!
***update***
So I pulled out as many of the plants as I could find. While I was outside, I also place 'cages' around the tomato plants since they seem in need of the support, and I did some weeding. As soon as I came inside, my clothes went into the washer and I took a shower...but my face feels all itchy! I'm sure it is just the power of suggestion -- anyone who knows me knows how suggestable I can be!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home