Charleston with Kev and Geraldine

Drove to Charleston hoping to see the battleship Yorktown and Fort Sumter. On the drive we stopped at a roadside rest area and found a fountain and garden created in response to the attacks of September 11, 2001. Very fitting. I have a picture of the plaque:

We only had time for the Fort...Kevin seemed to enjoy exploring and the history involved. Geraldine liked the dolphins we saw in the water from the boat! There were more dolphins surfacing than I have ever seen before-it was lovely. We also did a lot of walking, saw Rainbow Row and the Battery as well as many sidestreets and shops.
We had dinner at the Smokehouse Brewery. Yummy. Then we drove home, arriving just before Tom got in from work - they had an exercise going.

2 Comments:
Hey, were did this post come from? I could swear it wasn't here before!
It wasn't...I backtracked, hoping people would just accept it. Glad you at least LOOKED.
Post a Comment
<< Home