Saturday, September 02, 2006

Yardwork... *updated*


With a whole lot of help from my dear hubby, all the weeding, pruning and clearing has been done in the back yard. Whew! We managed it so that most of the time we were working in gardens in the shade, but the entire area around the pool is just straight sun, no getting around it. Things look lots better now; I am hoping they continue to look good through the next two weeks. Tom is mowing the grass at this very moment, and I will be preparing dinner right after I shower. Ugh! I feel little creepy-crawlies all over me!
update: While Tom was weeding the vegetable patch, he notice THIS THING on one of our tomatoes!

Tomato hornworn on trash can lid

The next day, Tom asked if I had disposed of it!?! Uh, no. He found it, I figured he got rid of it. So, out I go to the tomato patch, where this little lovely has left the three-quarters-eaten tomato it had been chewing on the day before and was happily munching away on tender new growth at the tip of the very same plant! The nerve! He was clinging pretty tightly to that branch and I wasn't eager to actually touch him (note the red barb at the tail - no thanks), so I cut off the branch and, after taking this lovely picture, tossed the hungry little sucker into the poison ivy patch over the back fence. He's so darned hungry, he can eat all of that stuff he wants!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED the picture of the hornworm. I have never seen anything like that. Of course, you know how I am about bugs -- I'll probably have nightmares tonight about a giant hornworm chasing me. LOL

Love,
B

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home