Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Spa Night

Last night was "Spa Night" on the base. The Airmen and Family Readiness Group sponsored the event which was open to anyone affiliated with the base. It was a nice event, with booths from different companies like Pure Romance, Mary Kay, About the Body Massage and Skin Care, Fashion Fair Cosmetics, a Chiropractor, Pampered Chef, Another Level Catering, Close to my Heart Scrapbooking and Stamping, Discovery Toys, Tupperware, and the base gym and HAWC (Health and Wellness Center), among others. I'm not sure what some of those have to do with 'Spa', but they were there. Anyway, I met an acquaintance there and we enjoyed the evening together. Have a look at all my goodies!
The pink bag is supposed to be a 'leopard skin print' and it is from the Brittany Spears collection. Yeah, I know, but it was a door prize, so I didn't say no. Actually, I won the first door prize of the evening and the last drawing of the evening! That drawing was for a 'Sweet Feet Treatment' at About the Body. The other items you see include a skin freshener sample, scent samples, and a Ty bear. There were also some free samples of food and smoothies. Yum! I had a pretty good night.
Tom had a pretty good night, too. The play he has been working on had Dress Rehearsal last night. The actors didn't know it, but there were representatives from the local paper there to do a review. Those present in the audience gave the show a standing ovation. I guess that bodes pretty well for the Sumter Little Theater production of 'Oklahoma!' which opens tonight. Shameless plug there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home