Saturday
It has been a busy morning for me! First, let me suggest you take a peek at the 20 September post on Savannah. I just completed it today...but I am pleased with it, especially the photos I finally was able to post.
I was awakened this morning by Tom's work phone ringing on his nightstand. He was shaving, so I took him the phone and lay back down. When Tom hung up, I asked about his plans. He was going for a bike ride, to check out some yard slaes and exercise his legs. Did I want to come? Sure. Tom had to be back in time to go to the airport to meet some folks returning from deployment today and he needed to get a report from a Sergeant at the base who was supposed to call when it was ready. So, after I prepared myself to face the world, we headed out. The air felt really cold at first, but I was pretty sure biking with Tom would warm me up pretty quickly. I was right. We found several sales, made a few small purchases, which Tom carried in his backpack. Then we rode to the grocery store for some stuff we needed to make chili for the folks who ended up working today. They have a special project and are stuck in the office, so management are planning a pot luck dinner there for the workers. Nice idea.
I was planning to accompany Tom on his trip to the airport, but he had to leave as soon as we walked in the door and someone had to prepare the chili. So I did that, then I edited and emailed the ACES Newsletter, then edited amd emailed the agenda for our next meeting. I also did two loads of laundry and balanced my checkbook. I feel like I need a nap! But I feel productive, too. Hope you're having a nice day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home