Sunday, October 01, 2006

Look what we have!


1 October and our tree decides to pop out one more little blossom before autumn. Actually, I'm pretty gald to see it, as Tom pruned this tree a few weeks ago, and he really pruned it! I was a little worried that we had gone too far, but apparently the little tree is just fine.

After Mass today, Tom did some work in the garage. He is really working hard at getting some turning done on his lathe. I waited until the stores opened and did a few errands, then returned for Tom so we could visit the Sumter County Fair. What a disappointment! Today was the last day of the fair. We didn't realize it, but all the exhibits were already down and mostly cleaned up. We were mostly interested in the Art Show and Flower Show, and there was one exhibit still up for the Art Show - a very Picasso-esque sculpture - and absolutely nothing in the flower show area. Same for the agricultural exhibits and the animals, too. Sigh. Well, lesson learned. Next year we go before the final day!

This evening is being spent preparing for Tom's TDY tomorrow. Packing, taking out the trash, making sure all the little accessories are there for the uniform....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joannie --

I really enjoyed Sunday's posting (even though I had to look up the word "lathe").

It was nice to see the last bloom of summer before we start a long, dark, cold, winter. (Where are the good uppers when you really need them?)

B

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home