Friday, January 26, 2007

Better day

Blue skies and sunshine! Woohoo!
I finished my course of antibiotics on Tuesday. Still have a mild sore throat, congestion and cough...hmm...called in and got an appointment for this afternoon. Won't be giving blood today as scheduled, though.
I went with Tom to the theater last night. It was the first scheduled time for volunteers to gather and help with the set-building. There was one other helper, thank goodness! Most of the work consisted of lifting and loading -- something I am not particularly skilled with! I did hold the flashlight and move some of the lighter items and attempting to assist with the heavier items. We worked for two hours, pulling flats and platforms. Towards the end of the two hours, a couple came in to introduce themselves and let us know they would be helping when things got further along in the process. The woman, Kerry, is the artist that Katie (the director) has mentioned. She said she has no set-painting experience, so hopes someone else will be in charge and she can be a helper. Sadly, I was feeling the same way...but we will work together and hope things work out for the best. Kerry has a friend who may be interested in pitching in, too. The more the merrier! We'll be headed back tonight and over the weekend and hopefully be ready for painting by next week.
What are you going to be doing this weekend?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better! Dave and I are having lunch with Andrew and Katie and little Teddy on Saturday, the rest of the weekend is pretty free, although I have a lot of writing to do.

Yuck, work.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home