Sunday, March 25, 2007

Saturday

Tom got most of the pool emptied, but there is still work to do today. He also replaced all the garden borders and put out pine straw mulch, and he went to the store and bought weed 'n'feed. He gets more done in a day than I do in a week.

The ACES meeting went pretty well, packages are mostly ready, with just a few things to add before mailing. We decided to go bowling and eat pizza and wings at the bowling alley.

Butterflies are Free was wonderful. The set was really interesting, it was acted well, lit well and the story was a good one. I even had a tear slip down my cheek at the touching mother/son moment.

After the play, we had dinner at The Brewery. We have eaten there before, and I even took our friends Kevin and Geraldine there when they visited. Kevin had asked the waiter about a certain dish, the garlic-rubbed pork tenderloin with cinnamon apples over Charleston grits covered in a brandy sauce. The waiter recommended it highly, but Kev was not sold on 'grits.' Can't say I blame him. Who wants 'grit' in your mouth? During our meal, the waiter brought us a pan of their special grits to try and they were yummy! So, last night I ordered the dish. Oh. My. Goodness. It was so good. Absolutely delicious.

It was a lovely evening.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the days longer in SC than anywhere else because you guys sure are getting a lot done. The play sounds great but I am sure you only cried because you felt sorry for the mother because she did not have a son as perfect as your's
Love
T.J.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

I cried because the mother realized her work was done and her baby boy was ready to take on the world on his own. It was well-acted, and I could empathize.

As for days being longer here, you know Dad--that Army slogan was actually written about him. He gets more done by 9:00am than most folks get done all day!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home