Tuesdays with Grandma
Jen has a regular activity on Tuesdays, so I keep Lily for her. I absolutely love it. Once she gets settled in, Lily seems to love it, too. This week, she arrived in her jammies, having been taken from her bed, wrapped, blanketed and driven here. She was a little 'morning cranky' but she warmed up pretty quickly. She enjoys playing games on my 'putew' and she asked to play "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." We did "stories" first. After one story, I offered breakfast. Lily agreed to scrambled eggs. I left her with Grandpa and went up to the kitchen, returning with a Dora plate of eggs and a Dora cup with orange juice. Lily ate every bite, then returned to the computer for a while.
Jen didn't have a leader's meeting afterward, so she was home a little bit earlier than usual--and Lily was not ready to go. She said she wanted to stay, so Jen asked if she could stay while she, Jen, went to the store. Can she stay? Of course she can stay! Lily had just asked to go make cookies...so Jen suggested I call her when we were done. We made chocolate chip cookies from scratch--Lily calls them 'brown cookies' and likes eating the chocolate bits. Afterward, she still didn't want to go home, so we played until Mommy called to say if she didn't come get Lily right away, she would have to wait until Ryan got home from school. We decided to wait for Ryan and let him stay for some 'Grandparent time' when Jen picked up Lily. We could take him home because his booster seat is easier to transfer than Lily's car seat.
When they got here, Ryan marched up to the door saying "I'm going to stay all by myself!" He was obviously pleased about that. Then he commented on the changes Tom has been making in the family room. Tom is insulating walls and changing out the ceiling. While he was with us, we played "The Last Straw" just Ryan and me. Sometimes he gets frustrated when the straws fall from the camel's back, but eventually he ran out of straws and won the game!
Then he wanted to play "Uno." We need Grandpa for that game, as he and Ryan are a team. Ryan likes that because Grandpa almost always wins that game. So Grandpa put aside his tools and came to the table. We played several hands, and the Ryan-and-Grandpa team beat me all but the final hand. Ryan loved it. When I took him home for dinner, I thanked him for coming to our house. He mentioned he hasn't been over in a long time. He blames school and being busy on weekends. I guess we will have to pay more attention and invite him over sooner next time. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home