Wednesday, May 31, 2006

First ripe tomato

photo by JoanIsn't she pretty? This is our very first ripe tomato of an kind. It's a cherry tomato, and we almost missed seeing it as it was hiding under a leaf. Oddly, it was the only one on that branch. We'll be eating it in our salad this evening.
In other news, we can finally see the bottom of our pool! Tom used some sort of chemical that causes all the solids to settle on the bottom where you can vacuum them up. I did that yesterday, but there was so much we decided to let it all settle and vacuum again. I'm going outside to do that when I finish here. The water is already warm -- about 85 degrees -- so as soon as it is healthy, we can go for a dip. I'm ready!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

ROFL! "We'll be eating it in our salad this evening." That just made me laugh... I have this mental image of you both sharing this one little cherry tomato... ;)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Joan S. said...

Well, we did plan to share...we'll just cut it in half....


:)

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home