Monday was errand day...
I ran lots of errands, mostly for other people...although Tom was one of the 'other people' so it's OK.
I took the snacks I bought to mail to our deployed personnel to the office, where we chose what went into the boxes that are prepared, then I took the leftovers and stored them in the ACES closet. I gave the empty plastic eggs and all the prizes we bought to the Major. He and his wife volunteered to stuff them for the Egg Hunt. He was really busy and missed lunch, so I borrowed his keys and transferred the stuff myself. Then I stored the rest of the Egg Hunt stuff in the ACES closet. I had to make several trips because I can only carry so much and the closet is in the next building over from the offices.
After that, I got my directions from Tom and headed off to Columbia for a part for Tom's Shopsmith and a sanding pack. There is a new store out there that is really nice, the owner's are nice, too and the prices are somewhat reasonable. While there, the lady behind the counter said I looked familiar. We couldn't figure out where we might have known each other though. When it was checkout time, they took my name and she spelled it correctly without help. Wait. NO ONE does that. Oh, she once had a student with that last name. Her first name was Carolyn. That's my daughter's name! Oddly, she never taught my daughter...she taught this other Carolyn at Gilbert Elementary. How weird is that?
Following the trip to Columbia, I went to the pool store and ordered the new liner. It will arrive in town on Wednesday. I put over a hundred miles on the car in errands. Today, the car goes in for a checkup. It hasn't been starting well, the brakes go 'thunk', the belts whine, and the glove box is broken. I wonder what that'll cost me?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home