Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday morning

It has not been a spectacular week. Tom is trying to get things done around the house and nothing seems to be cooperating. While emptying and cleaning the pool, the pressure washer was doing a great job...then it broke, with just a little cleaning left to go. Tom started using the brush on the pool bottom, and a ripple in the plastic ripped open. It was obvious the plastic was brittle, but it was still frustrating.

Tom has also been trying to update the PC (the computer I usually use) with a new version of Windows. So far it has taken three days. The computer is now usable, but he is still looking for my saved emails...I may have to ask people for information when I need it, like addresses, passwords, emails addresses. We'll see.

We took the car in for service. It hasn't been starting properly. Almost $500 to replace a fuel valve check. There were other things, too, like fluids that needed changing, belts that needed changing, and a broken glove box. When we went to pick up the car, there was a puddle underneath and I saw the puddle ripple like a drop fell into it. The mechanic took it back in to check for a leak and found nothing. They said 'bring it back if there is a problem.' Tom crawled under once we got it home and found nothing himself. I'm hoping it was just that the car was parked over an existing puddle.

Some things did go well, so we feel good about that. The yard is looking better, has been 'weed 'n' feeded' and the sprinkler system is working. Whew! I love that sprinkler system. So easy.

I pick up the new pool liner today. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick it up when I drop off the cell phones Tom forgot today. Poor guy--it has been a rough week for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home