"Damn Yankees"
On Saturday, we headed to Columbia and the Town Theater for their final performance of "Damn Yankess!" Tom got our tickets, and our friend Sylvia came along, too, and even got a seat right in front of us. We were expecting some other folks from the theater where we volunteer, but we did not see them there...
What a good show! Very well done--although us three theater-folks that went all found the lighting to be lacking. I hate to be overly critical because I know how much work and time and effort goes into these productions. That said, if all three of us came to that conclusion on our own before discussing the show, perhaps there is some credence to it. So we will keep it in mind for the next show we work on...I hope!
And I loved the way the actor said "Damn Yankees!" like he really meant it, much like us Baltimore Oriole fans feel about them.
Next week--"Gypsy!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home