Wednesday wanderings...
Silly title to the post since I only wandered around in the yard...but I did a fair amount of walking through the gardens today. I went out in the morning to vacuum the pool bottom, which went pretty well as far as I could tell. I turned on the filter system when I was done and tonight Tom and I backwashed and cleaned the filter baskets. We can see the pool bottom although the water is still hazy. We tested the water, added the chemicals indicated by the test and I will take in a water sample for analysis tomorrow. Hopefully we will be swimming by the weekend.
Later, since we had turned off the sprinkler system for two days because we put a weed and feed on the lawn, I watered all the potted plants. Then I dead-headed the flowering ones and weeded the vegetable garden. Afterward, I went into the garage and did some vacuuming there. Tom has been sanding the table he is refurbishing and he needed some of that mess cleaned up. It wasn't as easy as it sounds. The vacuum Tom usually uses was full to the max and I couldn't find replacement bags. Turns out there aren't any! Anyway, I used the 'shop vac' but without tools, which I also couldn't find. I managed to get up some of the bulky stuff, but not much more. Tom says he will finish up this weekend...since we are planning to go to the Piccolo Spoleto Arts Festival this weekend, I think it will be later than he thinks.
We are having company for dinner tomorrow. Tom's former temporary commander (who replaced the permanent commander while he was deployed) is back on base for some training, so Tom invited him over. Steve's a nice guy, so it should be an enjoyable evening.
Oh, and we shared our little tomato tonight -- we each had half in our salad. Yummy!

4 Comments:
I bought something today that is supposed to clear up the water... we have a place here that tests the water and analyzes what you need. Ours is VERy murky, I'll let you know if it does anything and tell you what it is caused.
I feel like I am becoming a mini chemist.
We've had the water professionally analyzed several times. Each time we do what they tell us to do, but the water is still not right. Hubby finally bought a chemical that is supposed to cause solids to settle on the bottom...then you have to vacuum. It worked -- really well. We had to vacuum twice! It is like the mad scientist, though, isn't it? Sometimes I wonder if we woudld have been better off emptying and refilling with fresh water....
I'd love to hear how things go for you and how you finally clear the water.
Thats what we had to do! Either pool magnet or the pink stuff-- it settled, the pool man vacuumed it twice, and still NOT THE RIGHT COLOR.
I'm new to this pool business, so pool magnet is new to me! The stuff hubby used was blue and called a 'super clarifier.' He calls is a 'coagulant' although I am sure that is not the proper term! Our pool is hazy today, but much clearer -- I can see the entire bottom easily! Taking in the water for analysis now.
Post a Comment
<< Home