Saturday
Last evening, Tom and I attended a retirement party for the squadron's First Sergeant. It was a nice evening, although I felt it lacked a woman's touch. Being a single Dad, our host had a keg on the patio, with plenty of glasses available. Food was in the kitchen, most of it still in the styrofoam it arrived in...it took a suggestion from a woman for someone to put some chicken wings on a plate a put it out on the patio for the enjoyment of the folks out there. A woman also had to ask for something to drink besides beer. We all managed to enjoy ourselves, though. I drove home because Tom really enjoyed the keg on the patio.
Today was either rainy or overcast all day. We went to the pool store for some information on maintaining the pool, which was helpful because now Tom has spoken to the person directly instead relying on my account of what was said. Tom did some garage work and I got some paperwork done. We went to Mass tonight so we can go directly to Charleston for the Piccolo Spoleto Arts festival tomorrow. We are seeing a play called "52 Pick Up" in the evening. During the day we will explore the art displays and more of Charleston itself.
Zach comes home from his weekend visit tomorrow. Jen is arranging to have some balloons and candy waiting for him from us. I think I might ask her to include a set of markers for signing his cast, too. I know one of his classmates has already asked to sign it.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home