Thursday
My day is all set out for me...since we are having company tonight, I will be sprucing up the abode throughout the day. Besides that, I have several errands to run, which include picking up the food for tonight's dinner and having pool water analyzed.
Tom left the house by 04:15 this morning. He and a colleague were going to the airport to see off some deploying personnel, then they went straight to work. I don't know how he manages to do this so often and still be awake during the day. I hope his people appreciate what he does. I am so proud of him -- some folks have no one there (family or friend) to say goodbye at the airport. Tom takes a gift bag from ACES (Association of Civil Engineer Spouses) that includes some goodies for the flight (water, gum, crackers...). If there is no one else there, he will stay until the flight goes. If there is a spouse or friend, he takes a few minutes with them, then leaves them together until the departure. In other words, he doesn't get in the way of an emotional goodbye. I think he is so thoughtful!
I'm off to get those errands going. Happy first day of June, everybody!

2 Comments:
What a good man you are married to. :)
(I guess its really - What a good man to whom you are married!)
He *is* a good man...but don't spread it around. I don't want to have to beat off the competition!
Post a Comment
<< Home