Saturday, March 31, 2007

I *think* I did it! ***updated w/photos*** *more info*

Well, there are two new holes cut into the pool liner, with gaskets and brackets replaced. Whew! It wasn't really difficult in the labor sense, but it was a challenge to figure out how to place gaskets behind the pool liner. One set of directions I found online said it was not recommended to cut the liner before securing the bracket and gaskets with screws. Huh? One gasket goes behind the liner, the liner is secured to the frame...I suppose one could squeeze one's hands into the filter basket to place the gasket...I just cut a hole much smaller than necessary in the liner to place that gasket behind it. Once that bracket was in place, (and believe me, it took me a while to figure out how to get the screws into the holes without being able to see the holes) cutting the liner was easy. Just follow the edge of the bracket! The other (round) one was a bit easier since there is a hole in the metal exterior of the pool through which one can place the gasket and cut the new hole. Now all I have to do it see if it is watertight! Fingers crossed!


Here they are! The newest filtration thingies added to the new pool liner. And I did it myself.

The pool is slowly filling up--just one more step to go! I would guess it is a little over half-full now.


*update*

OK, so, even though Tom thought I wouldn't be able to tell if there was a leak in the gaskets, I can tell. There is a small stream of water running down the outside of the pool from under the square one...I got out my trusty screwdriver and was able to turn the screws a little tighter. Yes, I did it by hand. I already hurt myself with the power screwdriver once this week--and it still hurts, thank you very much! I dried the area with a towel and there was no immediate indication of continued leaking. Maybe I fixed it? I'll be checking again later. I wonder what I do if it is still leaking and I can't fix it?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to mom the pool is looking good. I guess you are going to have a pretty big water bill this month. Still safe happy and healthy.
Love
T.J.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home